Xperia Z3: Rumors and Release Date
It has been a couple of months since Xperia Z2 has been on the shelf of stores, but Sony is planning to introduce Z2’s big brother in the market, the Xperia Z3. Most of the readers will be astonished Z2 isn’t available in many of the countries or their local stores.
This is due to the fact that Sony is reducing the production period or period of launch of new smartphone from 12 months to 6 months, as the longer production cycle can’t keep pace with the latest hardware to be introduced in a phone; and also to introduce new smartphones in the market branded under its name to increase its share in the market.
Around 4 mobiles are to be produced in the period of production cycle, so that consumers can buy the smartphone according to their needs and price budgets as they all will carry different specifications, and different hardware components, and accordingly they affect the overall cost of production, as high-end processors from good manufacturers are costlier as compared to that of low-end processors by same manufacturer or high-end processor by a cheap – quality hardware manufacturer.
The rumors for the Xperia Z3 include the following specifications:
- 2.5GHz Quad- Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset.
- 3GB DDR3 RAM.
- 20.7MP rear camera with 4K and slow-motion @120fps recording, and dual- led flash. Sensor Size 1/2.3”, HDR+, OIS (Optical Image Stabilization).
- 5MP front selfie wide- angle camera and video recording upto 1080p with flash.
- Android 4.4.4 with Sony’s custom-UI and a guaranteed update to next android version i.e. Android L (v 5.0).
- 3300 mAh battery with stamina mode.
- 5.2- inch Quad HD IPS LCD Tri Luminous display, with pixel density of 560ppi and resolution of 2560x1440; X-Reality Engine, Gorilla Glass 3, Shatterproof glass, multi touch upto 10 fingers.
- 4G LTE, 3G, Edge support.
- Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi, NFC.
- Single nano-SIM slot.
- Adreno 330GPU.
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Compass, Barometer, Magnetic Senor.
- Water- resistant and dust- proof IP58 certification.
The above list included some of the most powerful components available in the industry right now. So, it will carry a heavy price tag. It is expected to be around INR 48,000 or $800, which is a decent run for the price tag.
Talking about the release date, it is expected to be released after the official release of Xperia Z2 i.e. 24th February at the event Sony’s MWC Conference. So, Xperia Z3 will be released in the month of September this year. While the release date is still unknown, we can predict it to be launched at the IFA 2014.
This date can be somewhat confirmed, as some images have been leaked on the internet, which includes a list, written in German, of smartphones which are to be delivered to the stores till September 30, and coincidence that the list includes Xperia Z3 and mini version i.e. the Xperia Z3 Mini.
Xperia Z3’s existence will be confirmed then only.